Heavy Ground Mobility System
Also in this section
This rugged, military system creates a temporary modular roadway which enables the rapid deployment and recovery of vehicles and people.
Best suited to adverse terrain conditions, including snow, marsh, mud, and sand, the Heavy Ground Mobility System (HGMS) is suitable for heavy tracked and wheeled vehicles, including tanks, tank carriers, and bridge transporters.
- 164 FEET DEPLOYED IN 10 MINTUES
- IDEAL BRIDGING SUPPORT
- MINIMAL MANPOWER
- PROTECTS ENVIRONMENT
- OPERATES IN ALL CLIMATES
- DROPS / PLS HOOK LIFT COMPATIBLE
- PROVEN RELIABILITY
- TRACKWAY® – modular length of aluminium panels.
- SPOOL – a braced steel structure which holds the Trackway® on the Trackrack® or Spoolrack.
- TRACKRACK® – deployment, recovers, transports and stores the Trackway®.
- CHASSIS – an 8x8 vehicle with DROPS/PLS with a payload of at least 28,655 Lbs, to carry the Trackrack®.
- SPOOLRACK – stores and transports additional Trackway® for transfering to Trackrack®.
- TRAILER – transportation for the Spoolrack.
- ACCESSORIES – enables deployment, recovery, anchorage and field maintenance.
- Suitable for heavy traffic including tanks, transporters and bridging support;
- Withstands vehicles up to MLC* 150;
- Graded indefinitely for MLC* 70 on a 3% California Baring Ratio (CBR) ground condition;
- Width 15 feet.
*Military Load Classification (MLC)
The Heavy Ground Mobility System (HGMS) is used in operations worldwide for a variety of military engineering applications, including humanitarian and disaster relief.