Rapid Runway Repair
Also in this section
Following an enemy attack, it is essential that flying operations can be resumed quickly. Rapid Runway Repair (RRR) enables engineer forces to reconstruct essential areas of the airfield quickly to enable immediate use.
Rapid Runway Repair (RRR) acts as an integral part of the Airfield Damage Repair (ADR) process, which forms part of the strategic principle of 'Survive to Operate'.
- COVERS BOMB CRATERS
- RAPID AIRFIELD RECONSTRUCTION
- STABLE LANDING / TAKE OFF AREA
- LOW MAINTENANCE
- COMPLETE SOLUTION
FIVE KEY ELEMENTS:
- BOMB DAMAGE REPAIR MAT (BDRM) – Trackway® that interlock to create areas a repair mat.
- BOMB DAMAGE REPAIR MAT TRAILER – a specialist trailer designed to transport and position the BDRM.
- INSTALLATION KIT – tensioning kits, bolt down kits, side fairing panel kits, end fairing panel kits to enable the BDRM to be correctly installed.
- DYNAMIC COMPACTOR – compacts the aggregate used to refill the craters, to ensure a solid foundation for the BDRM.
- SCREED BEAM – levels the aggregate used to refill the craters, provided with a custom trailer for transportation.
- Operated by the UK MOD;
- Recommended BDRM 52 by 72 feet;
- Operation in all climates
- Independently climatic tested to MIL-STD 810F for Cold, Humidity, Heat, Solar & Dust, Vibration, Salt Mist and Shock;
- Withstands vehicles up to MLC* 150;
*Military Load Classification (MLC)